Hetty Johnston - My Policies for all Australians
My pledge to voters
My first and most important policy is my pledge, which I promise to apply to every decision and action I make during the election and, if elected, after. It will underpin all my policy positions. You can believe in it.
Importantly, it is only by virtue of being an Independent that I have the freedom to honestly make and deliver on this pledge. Unlike other politicians, I will not be beholden to any party and no one will be telling me what to say or do.
- I will only accept donations with no strings attached and no expectations other than doing my duty for the people of Queensland. An accountable and transparent process will be applied to all donations received.
- I will be your voice in the Australian Senate, a brave and strong voice that will not be bought or compromised.
- My dedication to the protection of all children is unwavering and will always remain my ﬁrst priority.
- I will be fully transparent.
- Fairness, truth, justice and integrity will underpin all actions I undertake.
- I will stand up for the community, lifestyles, environment and economy. At all times, I will only support sustainable, transparent and ethical development.
- I will employ an open mind, reasoned debate, research and consultation with my electorate and experts to arrive at well informed and properly considered policy positions.
- Without compromise, I will ensure the best interests of the people of Queensland remains my priority at all times.
- I will retain a conscience vote on every issue.
- I will work with all elected representatives in Parliament fairly and openly to ensure stable and effective government.