Business, Commerce and Tourism
Hetty Johnston AM, GAICD
With nationally recognised success in business and entrepreneurship I have demonstrated that I love a challenge. I love to innovate and to think outside of the box. I get results. I want to work with our business community to make it happen…. Not words, not promises, not glossy brochures – Action!
- 2016 Australian Businesswomen’s ‘Hall of Fame’
- 2013 Ernst & Young (Northern Australia) Social Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2013 Financial Review & Westpac’s Top ‘100 Women of Influence’
- 2012 Finalist Telstra Business Women’s Awards
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Community Practice and Governance
- 2015 Australian of the Year for Queensland
- 2014 Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
Help me to help you. Vote 1 Hetty Johnston.
The electorate of Macalister has an exciting future with potential rarely seen. I am so energised by the almost unlimited opportunities we have to grow local jobs right here, jobs for our kids and our families.
We need to build on our proud history and heritage, our incredible location and on our young and talented multicultural population to become a recognised and successful tourist destination and business hub.
Macalister is a growing commercial hub. We need to support and grow local business. When small business succeeds, communities succeed.
It takes strong leadership and a strong voice, determination, courage and a never give up attitude to affect real change. We need an independent people powered leader with no strings attached, a real people’s representative who has the vision to develop the plan, the capacity to deliver it and the voice to sell it. Hetty is that person. H Carsley Shailer Park 4128
This time get real action, real progress, real jobs.